We’re Here to Help You Get An Important Message Out
If you are a healthcare reporter or investigative journalist, we would be delighted to share our insights and perspectives on stories related to medical errors and their impact on patients and families. Here’s what we can do:
- We provide a voice that is passionate, authentic and informed on breaking news as well as on long-term issues in patient safety.
- Our voice is always guided by the countless patients and families who regularly share their experiences, especially about hospital harm. The public, in particular, appreciates this perspective.
- Our views are based on more than just theory. Kathleen Finlay, The Center for Patient Protection’s founder, had a life-changing family experience with the consequences of hospital harm. Her mother was subjected to more medical errors than ever before recorded in patient safety literature. She survived only because her family took over her care at home, bringing an end to the repeated life-threatening breakdowns that occurred in the hospital setting.
- Hospital harm is the third leading cause of death in both the United States and Canada. We speak to why it needs to be treated as the healthcare emergency it is, and what steps can be taken to reduce the spread of this epidemic. Our signature program, the campaign to make Patient Protection 1st℠, was created to bring about a sea change in factors, such as weak transparency and poor accountability, that permit the epidemic of hospital harm to continue.
- Kathleen Finlay regularly writes on patient safety matters and is frequently interviewed on live programs as well as in the print media. She can also speak to issues of ageism in the hospital setting, abuses of DNR decisions by physicians, and end-of-life concerns.
Her role as a champion of patient safety makes her a compelling spokesperson for the concerns of patients and families everywhere who are standing up and demanding safer care. Please contact us by email here.